Please subscribe by clicking the button located on the right side of the page.
I seem to be drawn to abandoned buildings. It feels like they are calling my name and want me to explore them. How could I refuse?
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. (Steve Jobs)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. (Dalai Lama)
Take time to be kind and to say thank-you. (Zig Ziglar)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. (Philo)
There is something about watching a kite flying through the air. It gives you a feeling of achievement, wonder, and peace.
I have lived in Alabama for thirty years, so it’s my home now.
The other day, I was wondering about famous people from Alabama. I did a little research and come up with an interesting list.
- Rosa Parks
- Lionel Richie
- Robin Roberts
- Hank Aaron
- Helen Keller
- Harper Lee
- Charles Barkley
- Tim Cook
- Bo Jackson
- Carl Lewis
- Tom Joyner
- Joe Louis
- Nat King Cole
- Willie Mays
- Condoleezza Rice
- Hank Williams Sr.
- Evander Holyfield
- Felicia Day
- Jim Nabors
sources: Jared Boyd (AL.com) and Wikipedia.com
How to save money on your electric bill
- Line dry clothes
- Clean refrigerator coils to improve efficiency
- Use ceiling fans in the summer
- Replace HVAC filters
- Complete annual HVAC maintenance
- Install storm doors
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Use outdoor solar lights
- Insulate the hot water heater
- Clean ducts and vents
- Make sure windows and doors are sealed
- Purchase energy efficient appliances
- Run only full loads in the dishwasher
- Adjust your thermostat
There are two basic mindsets:
- Fixed Mindset – There is not a lot you can do to change your abilities or intelligence. Either you have a natural ability to do something our you don’t have that ability.
- Growth Mindset – There are some things that are easy for you and other things that are hard. However, you can grow in your abilities and knowledge through hard work and persistence.
The book teaches you how to develop a growth mindset and use it to improve your life.